- Perth, Western Australia
- Mixed use development
Property Council (WA) Retail Property Awards. Excellence In Retail Development. Retail Development Less Than 10,000 sqm - 2011
Property Council (WA) Rider Levett Bucknall Overall Winner Property of the Year - 2011
Property Council (WA) Excellence in Retail Development Overall Winner - 2011
- Project Website:
- Visit the project's website
‘100 St Georges Terrace’ sits in the heart of the Perth CBD and is the commercial component of the 24 storey mixed-use development that also includes ‘Enex 100’ the retail sector of the building. Comprising 17 storeys of office space, its connection to ‘Enex 100’ establishes an important pedestrian link between the busy Hay Street Mall and St Georges Terrace bringing much-needed vibrancy into the CBD. It also caters for workers and city residents through the provision of shopping amenities.
The building has been carefully designed to respond to its diverse and historical context. Bordered by the Bankwest Tower and the heritage listed Trinity Church, the design integrates with the two vastly different building types. A selection of steel and glass is used effectively to establish a contemporary facade while projecting sunshades play a purpose of minimising heat consumption into the building.
Internally, minimalistic use of furniture and colour coupled with effective light placements, signage and materials creates a sense of space and brings subtle vibrancy to the lobby. A large glass interpretive artwork sits impressively against a feature wall highlighting the history of the site and can be viewed from the street.
The building has been awarded a 4 star “Office by Design V.2” Green Star rating and has achieved a 5.5 NABERS Energy rating for the base building. Features include:
- Crossover core approach for maximum tenant flexibility
- High performance external double glazing reducing energy consumption
- Projecting sunshades to the northern façades
- Secured cyclist parking with shower facilities to encourage tenants to bike it in
- An integrated electronic control system
- Algicide treatment equipment to cooling towers
- Zoned lighting areas
- Water efficient plumbing fixtures
- Extensive sub-metering to the tower and retail areas.