We are seeking a highly professional and engaging individual for the role of Studio Host in our Perth Studio. This is a unique opportunity to join Hames Sharley, an award-winning national design practice, in a key front of house role. We are a large workplace of design professionals, seeking an outgoing and organized addition to our team to ensure the smooth running of our Studio through a variety of tasks.
Currently based in Subiaco, we will be relocating to a newly refurbished state of the art studio space within the next 5-6 months. As such, the role will evolve to have a more agile approach, whilst retaining the duties listed below. This will also involve implementing a range of new initiatives suitable for our new workplace as required.
A brief snapshot of the things you’ll do:
- Create a professional, welcoming, and joyful experience for those entering the studio
- Ensure the smooth running of the studio on a day-to-day basis
- Coordinate meeting room bookings and arrange meetings/video conferencing bookings as required, as well as catering and required items for meetings, events, and workshops
- Assist in coordinating social and client-focused events
- General office administration such as; corporate travel bookings, monthly debtor collection, stock & stationary control, typing, scanning, archiving, shredding and photocopying
- Manage the monthly distribution of project invoices to clients
- Operate the national telephone system including screening all calls and taking messages
- Coordinate Studio maintenance and building contractor access
- Assist the Submissions Department with assembling information for the preparation of submissions/tenders and document binding
- Assist Project teams with the preparation of presentations, word processing and desktop publishing to a high graphical standard
Our workplace is relatively fast-paced and will require someone agile who can manage a variety of tasks and staff interactions at any given time.
Skills & Experience:
- Minimum 2-3 years office administration (front of house) experience preferred
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to respond quickly, effectively, and confidently to instruction
- Intermediate skills in Microsoft Suite including Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- General IT skills and knowledge
- Adobe InDesign (experience preferred but not essential – training provided if required)
- Adobe Photoshop & Illustrator experience preferred but not essential
We are excited to speak with you about this opportunity. To apply, please attach a CV and cover letter to your application.
Hames Sharley provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment in accordance with federal and state laws.