- Department of Planning, Transport & Infrastructure & SA Health
- Noarlunga, South Australia
Master Builders Association (SA) Best Commercial Refurbishment ($5 - $15 million) - 2017
Under the Transforming Health Plan, the South Australian State Government appointed Hames Sharley to redevelop the Noarlunga Hospital. The redeveloped facilities includes :
- Refurbishment for a dedicated elective day surgery centre
- Minor works in the 24/7 Community Emergency Department to establish a dedicated paediatric space for children
- Refitting ward space for the dialysis unit
- Building two new state of the art operating theatres
The new, purpose-built Renal Dialysis Unit as part of the $10.2 million Transforming Health investment has been relocated to the existing site into a more spacious area within the hospital, Relocating the existing renal dialysis unit offers a more spacious area, with an increase of 60 square metres compared to the current treatment area, to provide greater comfort and care.
The new unit includes eight renal dialysis chairs, a waiting area, bathroom facilities and storage space for personal items and mobility devices.