Hames Sharley designed Scarboro Beach Services and Surf Club had its grand opening in Western Australia this month.
The redevelopment of the iconic fixture to the northern Perth coastline was unveiled following several years design and construction.
The project involved creating an integrated precinct with the adjacent beach pool developed by the City of Stirling, as well as several other commercial and retail uses in collaboration with the Metropolitan Redevelopment Authority.
In designing the facility, Hames Sharley undertook the delivery of the MRA’s objectives for the facility, including:
- Building on Scarborough’s identity.
- Designing a building that was tailored to the local community.
- Allowing the precinct to become a key part of the urban fabric.
- Creating an activated attractive ground floor plane, which provides an enhanced
- The use robust local coastal materials, including considering timber
The building is designed to play an essential, symbolic and sustainable part of Scarborough Beach, whilst combining seamlessly with the adjacent pool facility and Scarborough foreshore master plan.