Hames Sharley is proud to be committed to the UN’s Sustainable Development Goals to achieve a better and more sustainable future for all. The goals, which address the global challenges of poverty, inequality, climate, environmental degradation, prosperity, and peace and justice are aiming to be achieved by 2030.
The 17 SDGs to transform the world:
- GOAL 1: No Poverty
- GOAL 2: Zero Hunger
- GOAL 3: Good Health and Well-being
- GOAL 4: Quality Education
- GOAL 5: Gender Equality
- GOAL 6: Clean Water and Sanitation
- GOAL 7: Affordable and Clean Energy
- GOAL 8: Decent Work and Economic Growth
- GOAL 9: Industry, Innovation and Infrastructure
- GOAL 10: Reduced Inequality
- GOAL 11: Sustainable Cities and Communities
- GOAL 12: Responsible Consumption and Production
- GOAL 13: Climate Action
- GOAL 14: Life Below Water
- GOAL 15: Life on Land
- GOAL 16: Peace and Justice Strong Institutions
- GOAL 17: Partnerships to achieve the Goal
Hames Sharley will continue driving forward progress in achieving the SDGs. With sustainability at the heart of everything we do; some examples include work in social housing and pro bono charity work, the recommendation of reliable, renewable energy services in all of our projects and the commitment to creating a dynamic, equitable and diverse working environment.
In 2019 Hames Sharley also established the National Sustainability Forum (NSF) to encourage the development of innovative sustainable initiatives and programs and to encourage critical thinking and debate around the issues of sustainability.
There is no doubt that the SDGs are ambitious; however, they are achievable. With Hames Sharley dedicated to sustainability and, human-centric and rights-based design across all development goals, we believe we can contribute to creating better communities and environments for all to enjoy.
We encourage our communities to adopt one or multiple of the SDGs and work towards it in their efforts. Let’s start to have these conversations, so we leave no one behind.