Burswood Station East Precinct Structure Plan
- Town of Victoria Park
- Burswood, Western Australia
- Structure Plan Preparation. Transit Oriented Development. Site Responsive Design. Activation and Vibrancy.
The Burswood Station East Precinct is located on the Burswood Peninsula adjacent to Crown Perth Entertainment Complex and the new Perth Stadium.
The precinct is disconnected from these centres of activity and surrounding residential developments due to the train line in the west and the Graham Farmer Freeway to the east. The precinct is primarily light industrial and commercial with fragmented land ownership, and will need to undergo a complete transformation to keep pace with the surrounding Peninsula development.
The master plan and subsequent structure plan were prepared collaboratively with the Town of Victoria Park to establish a vision for the future urban regeneration of this important transit oriented precinct. The structure plan provides a framework for detailed planning and development and focuses on urban structure, land parcel testing and potential yields, built form scale, traffic management and transportation networks, public realm interfaces and land use configuration.
Key features include:
- Transit oriented development principles are applied to reduce vehicle dependency and maximise the residential population and activation adjacent to the train station;
- Innovative built form and passive transportation connections to overcome train line and road barriers;
- Individual land parcel and development scenario testing were investigated to determine overall yield potential and site impacts; and
- Heights were modelled offering a precinct wide approach to urban form.