Scarboro Surf Life Saving Club
- Metropolitan Redevelopment Authority / City of Stirling / Scarboro SLSC
- Scarborough Beach, Western Australia
Best Planning Ideas - Large Project Planning Institute of Australia (WA) - 2018
Best Government & Public Use Development - UDIA WA Award for Excellence - 2018
- Project Website:
- Visit the project's website
The Scarboro Surf Life Saving Club is a fundamental part of Scarborough’s identity that acts as a beacon for the local community. The newly designed and built clubhouse forms a integral part of the Scarborough Foreshore Beach Hub. With an integrated approach the clubhouse complements the adjacent beach pool and Scarborough’s commercial and retail offerings.
The objectives for the Beach Services and Surf Lifesaving Club Facility included:
- Revitalisation of Scarborough’s iconic destination
- Provision of a large-scale benefit to the community
- A design that integrates into the “urban fabric”, and not remove from it
- An activated attractive ground floor plane, which provides an enhanced external environment.
- The use of robust local coastal materials, including external timber
- The building is designed to, “Play an essential, symbolic and sustainable part of Scarborough Beach”.