In August each year, the nation celebrates Science Week. It’s a government initiative to fuel society’s interest and understanding of importance in the subject.
Architecture is often defined as the fusion of art and science. Both artistic sensibility and scientific methodology need to be applied in the context of the built environment, hence how the two disciplines come together.
A bunch of cool events are taking part across the country to celebrate science, happening from the 11th to the 19th of August, including;
- In NSW; a VR experience that explores the portrait of Henry VIII
- In VIC; 3D Print and Design workshops
- In WA; the Perth Science Festival
- In the NT; drone challenges
- In QLD; a wetland conservation exhibition
- In SA; robotics workshops